Sharply Control your homeWith the touch of your finger
Change your switch, make it smart.
Just like a regular switch SmartBug hides inside the home walls and creates a smart environment that the user can customize at his/her will.
A user-friendly infrastructure that physically replaces home switches and pays attention to existing habits (on/off), but adds unlimited intelligent capabilities to every appliance in the house. It’s something more than a regular wall switch: elegant, touch and gesture enabled, capable of achieving all the automation goals of a real smart home, through individual devices installed as a kit of several identical nodes. No physical connections, gateways or additional hardware are required: SmartBug is a complete system, allowing very complex scenarios. Each SmartBug device is equipped with sensors that can measure temperature, humidity, listen to sounds, measure precise energy consumption (it is possible to connect additional sensors with a connector) and also has a proprietary multi-radio mesh standard (internode), Wi-Fi (for Internet connection), BT (to be extended with additional devices: external sensors, audio speakers, etc.).
Smart home & home automation
Smart home and home automation are ambiguous terms used in reference to a wide range of solutions for the control, monitoring, and automation of home functions. The definition “Smart Home” requires a smartphone app or a web portal as the user interface. Devices that can only be controlled with switches, timers, sensors and remote controls are therefore not included in the scope of this sector.
In a world where the consumers are “connected”, the new technologies contribute in a major significant way to outline our daily routines. Today technology has a strong impact on all markets but already in 2016 GfK released the report titled “Tech Trends 2016: Understanding the driving forces behind the Connected Consumer”. The report had the goal of giving an overview on all major technological trends and on the impacts that these would have had on the needs and behaviors of consumers.
The importance of the swarm
A single device does not make a smart home, but a group of them, working together, can do much more. SmartBug is a single device but is also an ecosystem; ten SmartBugs can make a smart home by controlling the heating, air conditioning, TVs, washing machine and dryer, irrigation, lighting, gates, curtains, can act as an alarm system and much more.
SmartBug is a disruptive alternative in the market, combining innovative technology and personalized services in a sleek and seamless device.
It is a user-friendly infrastructure that physically replaces home switches and pays attention to existing habits (on/off), but adds unlimited intelligent capabilities to every appliance in the house. Something more than a regular wall switch: elegant, touch and gesture enabled, capable of achieving all the automation goals of a real smart home, through individual devices installed as a kit of several identical nodes. No physical connections, gateways or additional hardware are required: SmartBug is a complete system, allowing very complex scenarios.
Each SmartBug device is equipped with sensors that can measure temperature, humidity, listen to sounds, measure precise energy consumption (it is possible to connect additional sensors with a connector) and also has a proprietary multi-radio mesh standard (internode), Wi-Fi (for Internet connection), BT (to be extended with additional devices: external sensors, audio speakers, etc.).
- Touch Sensitive and gestures enabled switch. It is the heart of the system; a touch-sensitive wall switch, specifically designed for those who want to maintain a minimal and discreet design for their home without having to give up technology.
- RGB Led The switch is equipped with an RGB led on the front panel that can be used to signal various conditions. You can choose the color and its meaning: from the presence of a SmartBug (normal condition), to a feedback or an alert.
- Wi-fi Network. SmartBug is equipped with a solution that integrates Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and IR and overcomes all limitations of existing technology based on a decentralized system that also uses a peer-to-peer strategy beyond modern cloud technologies. The mesh network is a link between the various SmartBugs, which create a network without the need to use a signal repeater. Wi-Fi compared to other protocols has never been designed for home automation but it is still of enormous importance because the wireless network is present in every home.
- Bluetooth. Smartbug is equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 (BT) and Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) and makes it possible to connect to the wireless devices in the house.
- IR Led. Infrared (or IR) works in a simple way: just press a button on an IR remote control that makes the LED flash, the receiver translates the LED light pulses into commands and this allows the device to turn on the aircon or change a TV channel. With SmartBug, the user can control all devices via an intelligent application on a single smartphone that stores the codes of each of them, adding intelligent potential to traditional devices.
- Power Meter. The integration of power measurement in a home automation system is very useful not only for statistical and financial reasons, but also to recognize and manage the overload in a timely manner and prevent automatic shutdowns by the intelligent meter. Smartbug is an intelligent measuring system that controls energy consumption and measures the power of the electrical system or an individual household appliance. Thus, not only does the energy meter no longer trips in the event of an overconsumption, but it also lets you know in advance if the washing machine, for example, is operating poorly and consuming excessively. The system has the dual function of an intelligent switch with integrated power meter and an Energy Meter that measures the energy consumed. Accurate measurement of power output, energy consumption, and power quality enable a precise analysis of all the electrical consumers in a smart-home or office.
- Utility. Microphone and Buzzer. The presence of a high-quality digital microphone on each SmartBug allows the voice command of all the functions of the smart-home, similarly to Amazon, Google and Apple virtual assistants, even in the absence of the voice assistants themselves. Listening can be activated and deactivated at will, allowing you to detect the presence of people, any dangerous situations (cries for help) or suspicious noises (alarm function).
- Temperature and Humidity. The presence of a temperature and humidity sensor allows the air conditioning quality to be accurately controlled in every room. SmartBug has an equipment that allows it to use the sensor as an intelligent thermostat, able to completely control air conditioners, stoves, and heating and cooling systems. It can also interface with weather stations on the web and forecast the climatic needs of the household environment. The combined measurement of temperature and humidity allows to detect and set the best comfort in every room in which there is a SmartBug switch.
- Open environment for developers. The SmartBug system is equipped with an easy and intuitive development environment that allows the development of applications (plugins) by third parties in a very short time. Each new plugin that is made available adds functionality to the system with a mechanism typical of open innovation.
- Interchangeable front panel. The SmartBug device is equipped with an interchangeable front plate that is adaptable to the environment and design of the house. The device becomes customizable, the on-board LED can change color, and the service light can become a household reference also to indicate emergency.
The SmartBug Ecosystem
SmartBug is compatible with most international standards:
No matter where your house is located in the globe, SmartBug is compatible and we can assure you that.